Costumes. Columbus Day. Sweet Corn.
October is house to Monetary Planning Month, LGBTQ Historical past Month, Home Violence Month, and extra. It’s additionally once we have a good time Do One thing Good Day, Black Poetry Day, Ladies in Enterprise, and apparently, purses. The purpose is, there are such a lot of alternatives for artistic and significant advertising and marketing that may enable you to authenticate your model voice and stand out.
And we’re masking all of them on this submit—artistic concepts for weblog posts, social media, e mail, and extra, with examples!
Range, fairness & inclusion in October
Advertising round consciousness causes affords what you are promoting many alternatives—to help a trigger, to assist your clients accomplish one thing fulfilling, and to construct up the group round you. Listed below are the variety, fairness, and inclusion-focused causes in October that you should utilize to have a good time and foster a way of belonging for all walks of life. October is the nationwide consciousness month for:
- Bilingual youngsters
- Church security and safety
- Melancholy training
- Incapacity employment consciousness
- Down syndrome
- Filipino-American historical past
- German-American heritage
- International variety
- I’m Simply Me As a result of
- Italian-American heritage
- LGBTQ historical past
- Polish-American heritage
- Ladies’s small enterprise
And listed here are some particular nationwide days in October that may enable you incorporate DEI in your advertising and marketing:
- Nationwide Plus Measurement Appreciation Day (October 6)
- World Psychological Well being Day (October 10)
- Nationwide Coming Out Day (October 11)
- Native American Day (Second Monday in October)
- Nationwide Curves Day (Second Wednesday in October)
- Nationwide Cease Bullying Day (Second Wednesday in October)
- Nationwide Latino AIDS Consciousness Day (October 15)
- Black Poetry Day (October 17)
- Nationwide LGBT Heart Consciousness Day (October 19)
October consciousness causes
There much more month-to-month observances in October. You’ll be able to see the full list at the bottom of this post, however listed here are some highlights. October is the nationwide consciousness month for:
- Undertake a shelter canine
- Animal security and safety
- Arts and humanities
- Breast most cancers
- Crime prevention
- Cyber safety
- Dental hygiene
- Home violence
- Dropout prevention
- Financial training
- Emotional wellness
- Monetary planning
- Hearth prevention
- Being pregnant and toddler loss
- Sustainable vitality
October nationwide days
There are dozens of nationwide days for each month of the 12 months, however let’s check out some notables:
- Hair Day
- World Smile Day
- Custodial Employee’s Recognition Day
- Identify Your Automobile Day
- Consignment Day
- Youngster Well being Day
- Get Funky Day
- Do One thing Good Day
- Coaches Day
- Contact Tag Day
- Boss’s Day
- Black Poetry Day
- Youth Confidence Day
- Make a Distinction Day
And let’s not overlook Produce Misting Day…
There’s additionally a full list of October national days on the backside of this submit.
Inclusive October advertising and marketing concepts
Alright, now it’s time for the concepts. Let’s begin with those that embrace DEI. Observe that you could be additionally need to take a look at our roundup of diversity, equity, and inclusion resources.
National Bullying Prevention Month
According to this USA Today article, 49% of kids in grades 4-12 report being bullied not less than as soon as a month. This October consciousness trigger is especially related to colleges and education-based verticals, but in addition to companies whose goal market is made up of fogeys of school-aged youngsters. You’ll be able to promote this trigger by means of your advertising and marketing by:
- Posting stats to social media or offering your followers with anti-bullying sources or organizations they’ll donate to.
- Donating a portion of your earnings this month to an anti-bullying nonprofit.
- Operating a contest the place youngsters can submit drawings or tales selling security, peace, and acceptance.
Nationwide Enterprise Ladies’s Week
Enterprise Ladies’s Week is a time to acknowledge and applaud feminine leaders in enterprise. Throughout this week:
- Share related articles, tales, and stats about ladies within the workforce—like this one we wrote debunking myths about ladies in enterprise.
- Pull collectively a panel of feminine entrepreneurs and file a dialogue.
- Interview an influential lady in your organization, community, or trade and publish a write-up in your weblog.
Nationwide Incapacity Employment Consciousness Month
NDEAM occurs each October and is aimed toward recognizing the necessary position individuals with disabilities play within the American workforce and facilitating inclusive employment insurance policies and practices. This 12 months’s theme is “Incapacity: A part of the Fairness Equation.” The NDEAM Social Media Kit is a superb useful resource right here, which incorporates social accounts to observe, pictures to share, pattern posts, and incapacity employment influencers. Listed below are some examples:
- Need to rent a various, gifted workforce? Take a look at this free on-line toolkit from @JANatJAN with instruments to create a extra disability-inclusive and compliant office: #NDEAM
- Lydia X. Z. Brown is an legal professional, writer & educator whose work focuses on intersectionality & incapacity justice. Amongst their many different achievements, they have been the lead editor of All of the Weight of Our Goals, an anthology of works by autistic individuals of colour. #NDEAM Highlight
You may as well obtain the Department of Labor’s free poster or order it by mail.
October advertising and marketing concepts: cause-based
Listed below are some extra methods to make use of October month-to-month consciousness for cause-based marketing.
Domestic Violence Awareness Month
To help raise awareness for domestic violence, you can:
- Host a Facebook campaign where you donate $1 to a local domestic violence shelter for every like your page receives during the month.
- Have your team wear purple on #purplethursday to show your support for the cause.
- Share the national domestic violence hotline number: 1-800-SAFE (7233) as well as the one for your local area.
Breast Cancer Awareness Month
To incorporate breast cancer awareness into your marketing content this month, try out these ideas:
- Have your team wear pink and share your #pinkpose on social media.
- Choose a support charity to donate to, rather than an awareness charity. Support charities that fund direct patient support, such as Chemo Angels and the American Cancer Society.
- Educate your followers with stats and recommendations on social media.
Power Consciousness Month
Should you’re within the trade, write an article sharing trade stats or your individual perspective, and advertise on LinkedIn with key takeaways within the submit itself. Be certain that to incorporate a #sustainableenergy hashtag, as it is a particular matter that may get searched by those that are keen on studying about it.
One other method can be to share some DIY sustainable vitality concepts, whether or not within the house, workplace, or classroom.
Nationwide Buyer Service Week
Buyer Service Week happens the primary full week of October. This week affords native advertising and marketing alternatives each internally and externally:
- Highlight a special customer support crew member every day of this week on social media.
- Provide one thing a bit of further particular on your clients, equivalent to a coupon or a branded freebie.
- Give a shoutout on social media to a enterprise that exhibited exemplary customer support for you personally.
- Request suggestions about your customer support, whether or not by means of a survey, a Facebook poll, a social media dialog, or—look ahead to it— Instagram Story ballot!
- Should you’ve received any type of award (and even should you haven’t), write a submit about the way you ship customer support. It is a good technique to give tricks to different companies and to draw extra clients.
These initiatives will spotlight the significance you place on high quality customer support, and shoppers are drawn to customer-centered companies.
Emotional Wellness Month
Emotional wellness is a supremely versatile matter, whether or not you’re a plumber or an inside designer; a SaaS firm or in ecommerce. Listed below are some concepts:
- Share an attention-grabbing article from a latest research on psychological well being.
- Ship an e mail out to your crew and have everybody share one factor they do for their very own emotional well-being. Then share their ideas in a weblog submit.
- Share some sources on discovering therapists or help teams in your space.
- Publish a weblog submit on an “emotional” matter:
October advertising and marketing concepts: nationwide day-based
As with each different month of the 12 months, October is jam-packed with loads of nationwide [insert just about anything here] days that may take you 90% of the way in which when arising with distinctive advertising and marketing concepts. All it’s important to do is discover a technique to tie it again to what you are promoting. Let’s have a look. (And you will discover tons of October social media ideas here, too.)
World Vegetarian Day
World Vegetarian Day happens each October 1st. That is, after all, a good time for eating places or retailers with a largely vegetarian viewers to provide themselves an excellent ol’ pat on the again on social media or their web site.
However no matter trade, you may nonetheless get artistic with this one:
- For the extra carnivorous eating places, supply reductions on vegetarian dishes.
- Well being professionals (ideally who’re vegetarians), run an AMA by way of Fb Stay or Instagram Stay on vegetarianism
- In your workplace (after the pandemic has handed), you may have a vegetarian potluck, with a prize to one of the best voted dish. You can additionally merely encourage individuals to be vegetarian for the day and share their experiences in your social media feed.
- If relevant to what you are promoting, publish related weblog posts containing recipes, info, experiences, sources, and extra.
World Smile Day
World Smile Day is well known on the primary Friday of October yearly. Listed below are some artistic advertising and marketing concepts you may check out:
- Dentists and orthodontists, after all, can share stats or eye-opening information that encourage individuals to e-book their common cleansing.
- Any enterprise can promote its best-selling services as one thing to smile about.
- Use the day to announce the return of a seasonal favourite or new providing.
Nationwide Cake Adorning Day
Nationwide Cake Adorning Day is held each October tenth. As a substitute of a cake adorning contest, you may:
- Invite your followers to submit their cake adorning fails on Instagram or Fb with a customized hashtag.
- Ask your followers to share their favourite confection creations. Keep in mind, asking your followers to share their very own experiences and views on social media strengthens your private reference to them and helps them to really feel valued and heard.
Nationwide Financial savings Day
This October observance day occurs on the twelfth of the month yearly. It’s about having a financial savings account, so it’s an amazing matter for monetary advisors or accountants. But in addition, who doesn’t need to lower your expenses?
Listed below are some methods to market what you are promoting on at the present time:
- Write a weblog submit on how to economize associated to your trade.
- Examine the worth of your providing with the worth of dearer options and tally up how a lot cash your clients save yearly.
- Share useful info or sources on your viewers—native sources if you will discover them.
- Run a contest. CapitalOne as soon as ran a cool contest based mostly on the outcomes from this research:
Of their #ShareMySave contest, it invited its viewers to share pictures of their most treasured memento on Instagram or Twitter and clarify why it’s particular to them. By together with the hashtags #ShareMySave and #Contest, they have been entered right into a contest to win weekly prizes of $500 and a grand prize of $10,000.
Nationwide Boss’s Day
This Fb- and LinkedIn-friendly vacation happens each October sixteenth. You can:
- Shock your boss with a heartfelt submit on what you admire about them, what leaderships expertise they exemplify, or classes they’ve taught you.
- What in case you are the boss? Share errors you’ve made and classes you realized from them (good instance of the Pratfall Impact)
- Or simply select one other boss you already know…
Get to Know Your Prospects Day
Get to Know Your Prospects Day happens on the third Thursday of the primary month of each quarter, and solely when the earth is tilted at 23.4 levels (simply kidding on that final half). It is a blatantly superior advertising and marketing day in October, January, April, and July.
- Interact your viewers and accumulate helpful suggestions by sharing surveys and quick polls.
- Ask about objects or providers they might like to see you providing. Like with this instance…
…or this one:
You can additionally search your organization’s hashtag or location on social media and discover some user-generated content material to repost.
In line with this source, the Nationwide Confectioners’ Affiliation got here up with Sweet Day again in 1916 as a technique to have a good time and help native sweet retailers and bakeries. Through the conflict in 1917, the message morphed into “Get one for your self and one for the boys abroad!” As soon as the conflict ended, 4 Michigan confectioners teamed up with the Pink Cross to distribute sweet to hospitals, orphanages, shelters, and houses throughout Michigan.
By 1929, it turned official: Nationwide Sweetest Day happens on the third Thursday of October and is related to:
- Charitable giving.
- Acknowledging and appreciating your family members.
- Paying it ahead.
Normal October advertising and marketing concepts
Should you’re too scattered throughout October (or on a regular basis) and don’t have it in you to coordinate a promotion throughout a particular week or day, check out any of those basic October advertising and marketing concepts that offer you some extra flexibility.
Exhibit a fall services or products
Whereas September has songs of summer season and November has the whispers of winter, October appears like the one true fall month (P.S. why did I get so poetic simply now). This month stands out as the time to actually deal with one among your fall-themed services or products.
- Inside designers can function fall-themed tasks of their portfolio.
- Flower retailers can show fall-colored bouquets.
- Eating places can supply a cinnamon-spiced sangria (something however pumpkin, please).
- Landscapers can promote fall specials on Fb or their Google Enterprise Profile.
To get much more individuals, make it a limited-time supply accessible just for the month.
Ship out an October publication
There are many October newsletter ideas here, however for a brief checklist:
- Ship out a BOO! Shock take care of a Halloween promotion.
- In honor of economic planning month, spherical up any weblog posts you’ve revealed with budget-friendly ideas and have them in your e mail.
- Should you rolled out new customer loyalty programs, ran start-of-school-year specials, or hosted any occasions throughout September, share footage and ends in an October e mail publication.
- You may as well embrace a calendar of any extra specials you might be operating throughout the month or for November.
You may additionally be keen on these October email subject lines.
Dabble into the artistic arts
The most effective supply for artistic advertising and marketing content material? A artistic advertising and marketing occasion.
- Present clients find out how to make their very own fall- or Halloween-inspired craft or recipe.
- Write a weblog submit with a DIY video displaying find out how to beautify a mantle with fall flowers and miniature pumpkins.
- There are additionally loads of alternatives for a pumpkin-carving or pumpkin-painting night time.
- If relevant to your viewers, share menu concepts for a Halloween celebration.
I imply, who wouldn’t need to sink their enamel into these…enamel. (Image source)
Take part in a pumpkin patch
Farmers markets or pumpkin patches are ample throughout October,
- Perform a little native analysis to see if there are any annual occasions the place you may arrange a stand, supply a sponsorship, or volunteer at. Being concerned in native occasions and causes is a win-win, because it markets what you are promoting for you whereas facilitating community building.
- You can additionally donate free merchandise or lessons as part of any raffles the occasion is operating.
Open your doorways
Should you’re situated on a downtown Principal Avenue of kinds o should you’re in part of the nation the place the climate is gorgeous right now, get some contemporary air into your constructing. This makes what you are promoting extra inviting to passersby. A chalkboard exterior along with your specials, an inspiring quote, or a enjoyable reality is an added bonus.
Halloween advertising and marketing concepts
What sort of October advertising and marketing concepts submit would this be if I didn’t point out Halloween? Many of those Halloween marketing ideas are conventional, tried, and true, however with a bit of brainstorming and model voice, you may at all times add that artistic twist to catch your clients’ eyes.
Embrace the Halloween garb
Get what you are promoting within the spirit of the season by adorning your workplace, retailer, and even your web site and social media pages with all the great things: mums, pumpkins, gourds, hay bales, burlap, skeletons, spiderwebs, ghosts, and the checklist goes on. That is extra of a cliche advertising and marketing concept, however that doesn’t make it any much less efficient.
If you’re proactive with what you are promoting’s look, this indicators to clients that you simply care concerning the impression you allow on them, and reminds them that yours is not only a enterprise, however a ardour. You may even get actually loopy and carve your organization brand right into a jack-o-lantern to put in your storefront with a[n electric] candle at night time.
Host a sweet counting contest
Run a guessing contest to get buyer e mail addresses in retailer. Put a large canister of no matter sugary Octobery sweets you select, and have clients present their e mail addresses with their estimate, or write it on the again of their enterprise card. This may be finished nearly, too. The winner will get a prize (maybe all the sweet) ((except you’re a dentist)) or coupon or low cost off their subsequent buy.
Gown up for Halloween
I cringe barely upon giving this suggestion, however I feel this could possibly be an amazing concept for companies that cater to youngsters. Plus, you don’t need to be in a full-blown clown swimsuit. Dentists and hair dressers could make in any other case scary appointments extra enjoyable with a pleasant scarecrow, farmer, or cowboy costume. Clowns and vampires may scare the kids, so follow safer or extra impartial choices.
Host a Halloween costume contest
This one can also be fairly cliche but it surely’s by no means not a enjoyable time. Have a fancy dress contest on your college students, clients, employees, and even clients’ pets. Share the photographs in your weblog, Fb, Instagram, or Twitter and ask clients to vote for the winners. The winner will get a prize and is featured in subsequent month’s publication.
Take part in a Halloween occasion
Collaborating in any Halloween occasions occurring round you—zombie 5k’s, trick-or-trunk nights, youngsters trick-or-treat afternoon within the workplace, or any building-wide Halloween actions should you work in a shared house. It’s robust to cease if you’re operating a enterprise, however most of the time, the break free out of your duties and the added laughter can really recharge you and lead you to be extra productive in the long term. Plus, the extra you may work together with the individuals in your group, the extra you may study find out how to serve them and actually make a reputation for your self.
Straightforward, efficient, and cheap October advertising and marketing
Operating an October-themed advertising and marketing marketing campaign is a good way to authenticate your model, work together extra along with your area people, and check out new instruments and platforms. Whereas they’re enjoyable and artistic, they’re additionally efficient and will help you to extend your publicity, appeal to extra clients, and construct up your popularity. Check out one among these straightforward October advertising and marketing concepts and get your self armed and prepared on your vacation campaigns.
All for extra marketing ideas for every month of the year? We will help with that.
And for planning, check out this marketing calendar template from our friends at LOCALiQ.
Full checklist of October month-to-month observances
Full checklist of October nationwide days and dates
#Free #Inventive #October #Advertising #Concepts