Figma Part Libraries are an effective way to create and share reusable UI components with crew members. Designers can use Figma elements to construct person interfaces and prototypes, they usually assist to take care of consistency throughout tasks.
Nonetheless, Figma Part Libraries have some limitations, equivalent to the shortcoming to create interactive prototypes. UXPin Merge is a greater various to Figma Part Libraries, because it lets you create absolutely interactive prototypes that appear and feel like the ultimate product.
- Figma Part Libraries are an effective way to create and share reusable UI components.
- UXPin Merge is a greater various to Figma Part Libraries, permitting you to create absolutely interactive prototypes.
- Figma Part Libraries have limitations, equivalent to the shortcoming to create interactive prototypes.
- Merge imports UI elements into the design course of from a repository, making a single supply of fact between design and improvement.
- Merge allows you to create absolutely interactive prototypes utilizing code elements within the design course of to enhance testing.
Swap from primary prototyping in Figma to superior prototyping in UXPin. Finish the display screen spaghetti now. Uncover UXPin Merge.
Attain a brand new stage of prototyping
Design with interactive elements coming out of your crew’s design system.
What’s a Figma Part Library?
A Figma part library allows you to create and share Figma Parts and Kinds with crew members by publishing the file. Workforce members can entry this shared file and use the elements and types as a design system.
Your design crew can change these elements and types and push them to the library. You possibly can create permissions, so solely approved crew members can modify the part library.
What are Figma Parts and Part Situations?
A Figma Part is a single reusable UI ingredient that kinds a part of a part library. In accordance with Figma’s documentation, it can save you many issues to the Part Library, together with:
You possibly can view these grasp elements in your major part file or beneath the property tab within the left sidebar.
Part Situations are copies of the library part used to create person interfaces and prototypes. For instance, you may need an app bar part in your library that seems on 20 screens. These 20 app bars are situations of the library part.
Everytime you replace the library part, all its situations will change, too. Figma will notify designers every time a part is up to date, they usually can select when to simply accept the newest model.
What are Figma Kinds?
Kinds permit you to preserve consistency throughout groups and tasks so everybody makes use of the identical properties and values.
Figma allows you to save reusable type properties, like colours, typography, sizing, spacing, border radius, and many others. The equal of variables in CSS. As an alternative of getting into a HEX code or font dimension worth, you select a predefined type–i.e., Major Blue or Headline 1.
How do I Discover the Part Library in Figma?
There are a few methods to find your Figma part library:
- For those who’re working contained in the design library file, right-click on the part and choose Go to most important part. It’s also possible to click on the Figma Part icon in the appropriate sidebar subsequent to the part’s identify.
- For those who don’t have entry to the principle file, you gained’t have the ability to entry the Figma part library, however you’ll be able to view all of the elements beneath the Belongings tab within the left sidebar.
How do I exploit Parts From the Figma Part Library?
- Click on the Belongings tab within the left sidebar.
- Seek for an asset utilizing the search discipline or choose a library from the dropdown under.
- Click on or drag a part from the Belongings tab onto the canvas.
- Alter the part’s properties and variants beneath the Design tab within the left sidebar.
You possibly can redesign elements by detaching any occasion. Any edits you make to a indifferent occasion gained’t affect its former part or situations. When you full the modifications, it can save you this as a brand new part, which is able to seem in your Belongings folder.
What are the Limitations and Challenges of Figma’s Part Library?
Whereas Figma’s part library makes it straightforward to reuse and share UI components, there are some limitations to what you are able to do with them:
- Figma elements create aesthetically pleasing UI designs however lack the performance to construct interactive prototypes, limiting the scope of what designers can obtain.
- Design groups require further instruments and plugins to make Figma elements extra interactive, growing prices and workflow complexity.
- Parts assist design groups construct person interfaces and primary prototypes in Figma, however they’re not developer-friendly and may misalign with code UI elements.
- Detaching situations is handy for creating new elements however means design groups can edit and manipulate UI components with out authorization.
- For those who’re utilizing Figma’s Part Library for a design system, the DS crew should preserve two variations–one for Figma and the opposite in code.
Do you need to keep static or get higher outcomes with interactive prototyping? Enter Merge–the world’s most superior UX design expertise.
UXPin Merge – The Finest Different to Figma Libraries
UXPin’s Merge expertise imports UI elements into the design course of from a repository (Github, Bitbucket, GitLab, and many others.). Design groups can use these absolutely interactive code elements to construct prototypes that appear and feel like the ultimate product.
Constructed-in styling and interactivity
Merge elements have properties like styling and interactivity “baked-in,” so design groups by no means fear about getting into the right values or copying animations from a code part library.
The design system crew makes use of React props or Storybook Args to outline these properties, which seem in UXPin’s Properties Panel. For instance, a button’s states, textual content types, colours, sizes, icons, and interactions can be found for designers to pick out by way of dropdowns.
Merge eliminates design drift and prevents unauthorized modifications to UI components. Designers can not detach Merge elements and modify them. Solely the design system crew can change code elements within the repository that syncs to UXPin and notify designers of the replace.
A single supply of fact
Many design instruments declare to supply a single supply of fact. However the actuality is these image-based options require updating in a number of areas, together with design instruments, prototyping instruments, documentation, and the code UI library.
As German-based software program improvement company dotSouce factors out:
“Selling new patterns and elements to a design system is chaotic, with many redundant processes. Most design system releases require updating in at the very least three locations: the design system’s codebase (part library), the design crew’s UI equipment (design device), and the design system’s documentation. As an alternative of a “single supply of fact” that offers “three single sources of fact” for each UI part–this appears counterintuitive and will increase errors.”
With Merge, the complete product improvement crew–UX designers, product groups, and engineers–pull elements from the identical repository. Any modifications to the repo mechanically sync to UXPin, notifying designers of the replace–a actual single supply of fact.
As an alternative of updating a UI equipment, code elements, and related documentation, the design system crew pushes one launch to everybody concurrently.
How you can use a Merge Part Library in UXPin
As soon as the design system crew completes the setup, the part library is out there in UXPin. Right here’s a step-by-step tutorial on the best way to use a Merge part library:
Step 1. Open Design System Libraries
All of your design techniques will seem beneath Design System Libraries in UXPin’s left sidebar.
There are two classes:
Step 2. Choose your design system
Choose the design system you need to work with, and UXPin will open the part library within the left sidebar.
Above the library, you’ve a Parts and Patterns tab (extra on Patterns shortly…). Parts include your part library, and a dropdown shows the out there classes–i.e., buttons, switches, playing cards, icons, and many others.
Step 3. Utilizing the part library
Click on a part so as to add it to the canvas.
View the part’s properties and make changes by way of the right-hand Properties Panel.
Repeat this course of to construct person interfaces and prototypes.
Step 4. How you can use UXPin’s Patterns
Patterns permit you to create new elements and templates by combining a number of UI components from a design system. You need to use elements from multiple part library to check new patterns earlier than selling them to the design system.
Patterns are additionally useful in creating a number of states or variants of a part. For instance, it’s your decision a light-weight and darkish mode model for a person interface, however your design system solely has the sunshine variant. You possibly can create this darkish mode variant in UXPin, reserve it to Patterns, and even share it with crew members.
Step 5. Prototyping and testing utilizing interactive elements
You might have two choices for testing prototypes in UXPin:
Merge prototypes allow design groups to create advanced prototypes utilizing the identical elements engineers use for improvement. Stakeholders and customers can work together with Merge prototypes like they might the ultimate product, giving design groups significant suggestions to iterate and enhance.
Utilizing high-quality interactive prototypes means designers can remedy extra usability points and establish higher enterprise alternatives in the course of the design course of.
Step 6. Design handoff
The transition from design to improvement is seamless with Merge as a result of builders and engineers use the identical UI library. UXPin generates production-ready JSX so builders can copy/paste the code to their IDE for improvement.
Bridge the hole between design and improvement with the world’s most superior product design device. Go to our Merge web page for particulars on the best way to get began.
#Figma #Part #Library #UXPin #Part #Library