Posted by Jon Markoff, Privateness Sandbox Developer Relations
Earlier this yr we released the first Privacy Sandbox Beta on Android, with the objective of bringing real-world testing of our non-public promoting options to customers’ units.
Since then, we’ve launched a number of further Privateness Sandbox releases, every with new options and enhancements, in Developer Preview and Beta. That is a part of our ongoing dedication to serving to builders create privacy-focused apps and instruments that preserve content material open and accessible to everybody. Your suggestions has helped us refine and enhance these releases and new design proposals, and is vastly appreciated.
As we speak, we’re asserting Developer Preview 9 for the Privateness Sandbox on Android, together with:
- Protected Viewers API: The primary launch of Custom Audience Delegation, which helps the creation of customized audiences for consumers that wouldn’t have an on-device SDK presence. Bidding and Auction services integrations can be found to help extra advanced advert auctions.
- Attribution Reporting API: Enrollment is now not required for growth and testing functions. Enhancements to debug reporting embody supporting further verbose debug report and app-to-web debug studies.
- SDK Runtime: With some limitations, SDK Runtime can now launch intents to different apps, and may bind to an allowlist of providers.
- For the total listing of launched options, see the release notes.
Alongside Developer Preview 9, we’re additionally asserting Project Flight: a set of pattern apps that reveal how the Privateness Sandbox APIs can be utilized collectively in end-to-end consumer journeys. Mission Flight contains the next:
- Advertiser app, to reveal a conversion by reserving a journey expertise
- Writer app, to point out a related advert and register an occasion
- SSP library, to reveal operating advert choice and registering a supply
- MMP library, to reveal becoming a member of a customized viewers and registering a set off
- A mock server backend as a companion to the Protected Viewers and Attribution Reporting APIs utilizing Firebase
As with all of our releases, we extremely encourage builders to share feedback as they proceed their journey into the Privateness Sandbox on Android. To get began, learn the directions to set up the SDK and system images on an emulator or supported Pixel system.
#Privateness #Sandbox #Developer #Preview #Customized #Viewers #Delegation