Right here is the scenario on Sunday, September 3, 2023.
- Ukraine’s President Volodymyr Zelenskyy rebuffed Western officers who say Ukrainian troops are gaining floor too slowly of their counteroffensive in opposition to Russian forces. “Ukrainian forces are transferring ahead. Regardless of all the things, and it doesn’t matter what anybody says, we’re advancing, and that’s the most essential factor. We’re on the transfer,” Zelenskyy wrote on the Telegram messaging app.
- The Russian defence ministry stated its forces thwarted an try by Ukraine to “launch a terrorist strike” on the Crimean bridge utilizing a “half-loaded unmanned boat”. The boat was noticed late on Friday and destroyed off the Black Beach, it stated.
- The ministry reported two different tried Ukrainian assaults on the bridge early on Saturday morning, saying a “third Ukrainian semi-submersible unmanned boat, despatched by the Kyiv regime… was destroyed within the Black Sea”.
- The ministry additionally stated it shot down two Ukrainian drones over Russia’s Belgorod area, whereas the governor of the neighbouring Kursk area stated one lady was wounded after Ukrainian forces shelled her village.
- The UK’s defence ministry, in its day by day replace on the struggle in Ukraine, stated that Russia dangers splitting its forces in an try to forestall a Ukrainian breakthrough in Ukraine’s south. In response to UK intelligence, Ukrainian forces continued to take offensive motion on the Orikhiv axis in southern Ukraine, with models reaching the primary Russian primary line of defense.
- A Ukrainian courtroom ordered that tycoon Ihor Kolomoisky be held in custody for 2 months on suspicion of fraud and cash laundering. The transfer comes as Kyiv is attempting to sign progress in its wartime crackdown on corruption.
- The Nobel Basis withdrew its invites to representatives of Russia, Belarus and Iran to attend this yr’s Nobel Prize awards ceremonies after the choice to ask them provoked widespread criticism.
Black Sea grain transport
- Zelenskyy stated two extra ships had handed via a “short-term” Black Sea delivery hall established since Russia withdrew from a United Nations-backed grain export deal in July.
#RussiaUkraine #struggle #Checklist #key #occasions #day