The information contains:
- MyHeritage has just lately launched a brand new element of its DNA part: Ethnicities Across the World.
- MyHeritage proclaims an unique supply to Household Tree DNA clients who aren’t but MyHeritage subscribers: a 50% low cost on the MyHeritage Full Plan for $125 per yr, with a Value-Lock Assure for so long as you retain your subscription.
- The Utah Enterprise Journal has acknowledged Legacy Tree Genealogists president, Jessica Taylor, with its prestigious Forty Underneath 40 Award.
- The Utah Genealogical Affiliation (UGA) honors Paula Stuart-Warren, CG, FUGA, FMGS, with the Award of Benefit.
- The Genealogical Institute on Federal Analysis Alumni Affiliation has introduced the recipient of the Richard S. Lackey Scholarship for 2018, Linda MacIver of Boston, Massachusetts.
- Findmypast has added assets to its Suffragette Assortment, and new information for its Devon Baptisms, Banns, Marriages, and Burials and for its Yorkshire Banns, Marriages, and Burials collections.
- The Nationwide Genealogical Society (NGS) has named Alison Hare, CG, and Nancy A. Peters, CG, as co-editors of the Nationwide Genealogical Society Quarterly (NGSQ), efficient with the March 2019 subject. They succeed retiring editors Thomas W. Jones, PhD, CG, CGL, FASG, FNGS, FUGA, and Melinde Lutz Byrne, CG, FASG.
- Drew shares updates from FamilySearch’s current information additions.
Drew critiques a brand new e-book, There Is One thing About Edgefield: Shining a Mild on the Black Neighborhood by Historical past, Family tree & Genetic DNA by Edna Gail Bush and Natonne Elaine Kemp. (Takoma Park, MD: Rocky Pond Press, 2017)
Listener e-mail contains:
- Ricky writes to inquire about MyHeritage.com’s content material choices as in comparison with these of Ancestry.com.
- Drew responds to emails from Cassandra and Wendy regarding his interview with Angie Bush (Family tree Connection #36). He first described the DNA Painter device by Johnny Perl (based mostly on Blaine Bettinger’s work) at http://dnapainter.com/tools/sharedcmv4. The device lets you enter the shared centiMorgan worth from a DNA match and calculates attainable relationships. He additionally clarifies that MyHeritage DNA does present a notes subject, however that this wasn’t accessible when he interviewed Angie Bush.
- Drew responds to Molly who requested about Angie’s feedback a few DNA cluster worksheet. Angie responds that the worksheet is an inner firm worksheet doc. Drew asks listeners to share any details about an analogous device that they could know of.
- Jenny asks for solutions to shrink the scale of her Household Tree Maker for connected media. Drew refers her to MacKiev and to FTM consumer teams on Fb.
- Marcia asks in regards to the viability of utilizing her Mac for family tree work with RootsMagic.
- Robin asks for solutions about capturing communications in messages on Fb and making the information accessible in textual content codecs, together with in Evernote.
#Family tree #Guys #Podcast #Family tree #Connection #Family tree #Guys #Podcast #February